LAST UPDATED: 7 July 2018
ZOOM Support Terms
Support and Maintenance Policy
This ZOOM Support ad Maintenance Policy (Policy) describes the terms and conditions under which ZOOM provides support and maintenance for the ZOOM products, lawfully obtained from ZOOM, Its authorized distributors or its authorized resellers. ZOOM may, at any time, amend this Policy (including, Apendix A attached hereto) in its sole discretion by posting the updated Policy at www.zoomint.com.
- ZOOM refers to ZOOM International, a.s. or ZOOM International, Inc. from whom End User licenses the ZOOM Product
- ZOOM License Agreement means the ZOOM End User License Agreement accepted by End User with ZOOM for the ZOOM Product
- ZOOM Partner Portal means the online tracking and support request system End User will be provided access to in order to track and report incidents, Problems, Changes and Service Requests
- Authorized Users means an employee or contractor of End User who is authorized to use the ZOOM Product solely for End User’s own internal business purposes.
- Business Hours means Monday through Friday (other than ZOOM and End User Designated Holidays), during the business hours set forth below based on the region in which End User is located: North American Installations: 9AM till 6PM CST; EMEAR/Asia/Australia: 9AM til 6PM CET
- Documentation has the meaning given to such term in the ZOOM License Agreement accompanying the ZOOM Product ordered by End User
- End User means an entity or person that has lawfully obtained a ZOOM Product license from ZOOM or its authorized distributors, for such entity's or person's own internal business purposes
- Error means any reproducible failure of the Supported Software, when used in accordance with the Documentation, to operate substantially in accordance with the Documentation.
- Hotfix deliver specific fixes for urgent situations. Hotfixes are developed as necessary and quality-assurance testing is minimal to achieve rapid turnaround. Hotfixes involve the greatest risk to customers because of reduced quality-assurance testing. All hotfixes are included in the next scheduled release (whether the release is a minor or major release).
- Incident means a single Error resulting in the failure of the Supported Software or of a part thereof, or such behavior of the system which disables or restricts usage of the Supported Software. Incident is considered to be resolved once a workaround is applied that allows usage of the Supported Software although the full functionality of the product is not available unhindered.
- Problem means an Error that is the cause of one major or of several repeated Incidents which disables or restricts usage of the Supported Software. Problem is considered to be resolved once a root cause is found. A root cause elimination is not part of Problem and can be handled via a new Change or Service Request.
- Change means the extension, modification or removal of an approved Support request. End User must specify the Change in detail to enable ZOOM to provide a final estimate of the labor necessary to deliver the requested Change.
- Maintenance has the meaning given to such term in Section 4 below.
- Major Release means a new version of the ZOOM Product that includes substantive features or functions not performed by the prior release of the ZOOM Product. By way of example only, in releases designated “X.Y.Z,” releases designated with a new “X” contain new substantive features or functionality, and hence, are considered Major Releases.
- Minor Release means a bug fix or maintenance release (often referred to as “dot releases”) to the ZOOM Product that are made commercially available by ZOOM but does not include substantive features or functions not performed by the prior release of the ZOOM Product. By way of example only, in releases designated “X.Y.Z,” releases designated with a new. Y or Z are bug fixes or maintenance releases (or “dot releases”), and hence, are considered Minor Releases.
- Release means a Major Release or Minor Release. No alpha or beta or non-production versions will be considered Releases.
- Service Request means a request for Support involving administrative tasks and/or troubleshooting issues, including but not limited to, creating a new user account, setting user rights, adding a user to a group, making bulk changes in data structure, and answering questions about reports’ content and password reset issues.
- Support means the Support described in Section 3.2.
- Support and Maintenance Fees means the monthly or annual fees for the different Support Packages that the End User is required to pay for obtaining the Support and Maintenance described in this Policy under particular Support Package.
- Support Hours means the allocated hours of Support provided to End User in accordance with the Support Package purchased by End User.
- Maintenance Packages means the different Maintenance Packages described in Section 3.2.
- Supported Software means the current version of the ZOOM Product and the immediately preceding major Release thereof according to published ZOOM Product Lifecycle
- Time to Open or TTO means the estimated time in which ZOOM will open a Service Request for review.
- Time to Resolve or TTR means the estimated time in which ZOOM will resolve the Problem or Incident.
2. Scope and Coverage
During the applicable support period, set forth on a written purchase order for Maintenance (Support Period), ZOOM shall provide to End User Support and Maintenance for the Supported Software in accordance with Support Package for which End User has paid the Support and Maintenance Fee and otherwise complied with this Policy. Support will continue for Support Period, commencing form the date:
- ZOOM delivers to End User the license for the ZOOM Product ordered by End User (via Electronic Delivery) or
- End User activates their Cisco Solutions Plus order, or
- if End User has renewed Support, the next day following expiration of End User's then-current Support Period, as applicable,
(Support Term), unless otherwise specified by ZOOM in writing.
ZOOM is not responsible for issues relating to the availability and operations of any hardware in use; availability and operations of any third-party software network connectivity and bandwidth between components of supplied Product and/or integrated third party component
ZOOM will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide support remotely, over the internet through VPN access, Cisco WebEx, or remote screen-sharing program as agreed to between the parties, to End User's system[ for the Supported Software in accordance with the Maintenance package purchased by End User. With each Maintenance Package purchased by End User, End User will have access to ZOOM Partner Portal. ZOOM will provide Support for the specific region End User is located during Business hours.
3.1 Maintenance Packages
|area||Standard||Enterprise all from Standard plus:|
|Remote Support||· 24/7 phone support on P1 issues · Same day response on others during business days · HW issues troubleshooting · Technology platform troubleshooting||· 24/7 phone support on Any incident · 1 hour guaranteed Start of Work · Pro-active incident prevention (on Monitoring alarms)|
|Administration Tasks||· Linux configuration changes · Storage provisioning in Linux · ZOOM QM Suite configuration changes||· Data Manipulation (move, backup, restore) · DB Maintenance · Preventive Media Lifecycle updates|
|Updates||· Access to patches · Access to Major Versions||· Linux Security Fixed application · regular QMS Patch Application|
|Additional||· possibility to order a health check||· Remote Monitoring · weekly dashboards · Monthly incident reports · regular health checks|
3.2 ZOOM Maintenance Package Description
Standard Support includes
ZOOM remote support:
- by phone (24/7 response on P1 Critical issues), e-mail or using support portal with Next Business Day response time
- Incident handling for ZOOM QM Suite
- Telephony platform troubleshooting for areas related to recordingCisco UCM in following areasRecording profiles
- SIP trunks
- Device setup for recording
- Device firmware and model compatibility
- Application users for recording and its roles
- Route patterns and regions
- CSS setup for ensuring Devices can reach SIP trunks
- HW issues troubleshooting:disk drive speed
- Network cards
System administration tasks:
- Linux system configuration
- Time zone data updates
- Networking reconfiguration
- Storage provisioning in Linux
- connecting of SAN, NAS, iSCSI arrays
- multipath configuration in Linux
- disk partitioning, LVM management
- ZOOM QM suite configuration
- IP address changes
- QM modules redistribution
- Memory tuning
- Updates – access to software patches, updates and fixes
- Major new versions – access to all available new versions of the SW (within the scope of purchased licenses)
On top of new features that are available in both minor and major versions, ZOOM is providing compatibility updates to address new features and devices that vendors such as Cisco, AVAYA & Genesys deliver:
- Continuous support for new versions of supported soft switches
- Support for new devices – IP Phones & gateways with new firmware and services
- Support for new versions of call center platforms (contact center integration modules)
Enterprise Support includes following additional services:
ZOOM Remote Support
- 24/7 phone support on Any incident
- 1 hour guaranteed Start of Work
- Pro-Active incident prevention (On Monitoring alarms)
- ZQM database (PostgreSQL only) patching, tuning, defragmentation and administration support
- Data and recording moves, backups, restores, archives and deletes
- Configuration for recording, data settings and related media lifecycle management
- ZOOM server OS patching and administrative support
- ZOOM application patching and administrative support
- Hosted, enterprise class monitoring
- immediate alert notifications
- Automated, weekly health checks
- Annual system audits on performance, volumes and a report with recommendations
- System change audit trails.
3.3 Support and Maintenance Exclusions
Services and tasks not covered in Maintenance contract:
- Installation services
- Any upgrades requested as a part of incremental feature enhancement.
- Any configuration updates or data migration related to moves, ads, changes or deletions with customer provider equipment including but not limited to recorded devices, virtualization environment
- Any performance issue related to unsupported hardware configuration.
- User and administration training
- Tasks related to data manipulation in Standard Support (included in Enterprise Support).
- Any tasks on Platform Troubleshooting not specifically mentioned in what Maintenance Includes.
Such services can be ordered from ZOOM on per case basis or covered by individual service contract.
Operating system and database security updates:
Although ZOOM products are distributed with an underlying OS (for example, CentOS) and database (for example, PostgreSQL), ZOOM doesn't maintain the OS and database security patches.
These patch applications are the End User's responsibility and performed at the End User's risk. ZOOM only offers patches for QM Suite and does not provide OS or security patching or recommend using OS or security patches because they can interfere with our application. ZOOM products are tested on specific product versions that are distributed with the product or recommended for installation and ZOOM does not accept any responsibility for instabilities caused by patching.
Although performed by the End User, Java updates must be approved by ZOOM Technical Support.
ZOOM charges an extra fee for applying security patches unless End User purchased Enterprise Support Maintenance package or individual service contract.
3.4 Service Level Agreements & 24/7 Support
Maintenance programs can be upgraded to individual requirements and additional services supplied through an extended service agreement or SLA (Service Level Agreement) contract (for example full 24/7 service, guaranteed response and resolution times etc.). These contracts are negotiated based on End User requirements to match their exact needs.
For more information about maintenance and additional support options please contact your ZOOM Sales Manager or send an inquiry to the contacts below.
3.5 Service Level Targets for Standard Support Maintenance Package
|Severity Level||Live/LAB||Processed||Criteria||Response Time||Restoration or resolution target||Defect Correction|
|P1 - Critical||Live||24x7||· Causes a severe impact on business operations of end customer (e.g. calls cannot be completed, or critical business processes are disabled). Alternatively, causes a severe impact on business operations of a service provider due to the accumulated impact on multiple customers · Continuous or near continuous interruption of service||4 hours
|ZOOM shall use all reasonable efforts to continue to work on the problem until a workaround is provided. For issues that do not require a defect to be corrected, ZOOM resolution target is 24 hours in 80% of all cases||If a licensed software fix is required and there is a specific request to do so, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to correct the defect in a Hot Fix release. Without a specific request for a Hot Fix, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to correct the defect in the next maintenance release. Please note that a Hot Fix release is not subjected to a complete QA cycle. Once the defect is incorporated into a subsequent Maintenance Release, the Hot Fix release must be replaced by the Maintenance Release.|
|P2 - High||Live||Business
|· Causes a serious impact on business operations of end customer (e.g. call processing altered in such a way as to degrade service quality or handling of business data). Alternatively, causes a serious impact on business operations of a service provider due to the accumulated impact on multiple customers. · Intermittent disruption of service||9 hours||On receipt of a complete problem description, including the business impact and log/configuration files, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to neutralize the problem or provide a workaround. For issues that do not require a defect to be corrected, ZOOMs resolution target is 2 Business Days in 80% of all cases||ZOOM does not commit to producing Hot Fix requests for High severity issues. Exceptions will require the engagement of Professional Services and Support Management and a solid justification and business case. If a licensed software fix is required, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to correct the defect within the next Maintenance Release|
|P3 - Medium||Live/
|· In lab environment, causes a minor impact on development · In production/live environment causes a minor impact on business operations of end customer (e.g. minimal degradation of call processing or handling of call data). Alternatively, causes a minor impact on business operations of a service provider due to the accumulated impact on multiple customers||1 Business Day||On receipt of a complete problem description, including the business impact and log/configuration files, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to neutralize the problem or provide a workaround. For issues that do not require a defect to be corrected, ZOOMs resolution target is 5 Business Days in 80% of all cases||ZOOM shall not produce Hot Fix requests for Medium severity issues. If a licensed software fix is required, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to correct the defect within a future Maintenance Release|
|P4 - Low||Live/
|· In lab environment, causes little or no impact on development activity · In production/live environment causes little or no impact on business operations of end user. Alternatively, causes little or no impact on business operations of a service provider due to the accumulated impact on multiple customers||1 Business Day||On receipt of a complete problem description, including the business impact and log/configuration files, ZOOM shall use reasonable efforts to neutralize the problem or provide a workaround. For issues that do not require a defect to be corrected, ZOOMs resolution target is 10 Business Days in 80% of all cases||ZOOM shall not produce Hot Fix requests for Low severity issues. ZOOM may not commit to correcting Low severity defects in future Maintenance Releases.|
3.6 End User Assistance.
End User shall provide all the necessary support to resolve the Problem or Incident, including but not limited to
- identify, document and report each Problem or Incident with the ZOOM Product necessitating Support and, if requested by ZOOM, supply ZOOM with such documentation;
- provide ZOOM representative samples of any designated system or other related device(s) with which the ZOOM Product is being used by End User and is giving rise to the Problem or Incident;
- provide reasonable assistance necessary to demonstrate and allow ZOOM to diagnose the Problem or Incident;
- execute reasonable diagnostic routines in accordance with instructions provided by ZOOM and inform ZOOM of the results of such tests;
- provide ZOOM with full access to the ZOOM Product for diagnostic and service purposes, including remote access (such as VPN access); and
- implement each update or other solution to such Problem or Incident provided by ZOOM.
End User may provide feedback through ZOOM Support Central expressing End User’s satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the performance of the provided Support or the ZOOM Product, including without limitation, any flaws, error, bugs, anomalies, problems with and/or suggestions for the ZOOM Product, provided to ZOOM by End User or any of their respective users (collectively “Feedback”). Feedback is used to monitor the quality of rendered services and ZOOM is under no obligation to respond to and/or implement any suggested changes in Feedback provided by End User. Any and all Feedback is hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assigned by End User to ZOOM, including any and all worldwide intellectual property rights relating thereto.
3.8 Out-of-Scope Incidents and Problems.
If End User requests, and ZOOM agrees to provide, technical assistance or support for a malfunction caused by an Exclusion or any malfunction that is not related to or caused by the ZOOM Product (collectively, “Out-of-Scope Incidents and Problems”), End User acknowledges and agrees that ZOOM may charge End User for all man-hours at its then-current time and material rates.
3.9 Change in ZOOM Product Seat Licenses.
If End User purchases or renews Support for fewer than the number of ZOOM Product seat licenses purchased by End User for End User's previous Support Term, prior to making available any Minor Release or Major Release to End User during the then-current Support Term, ZOOM shall issue End User a new license key file ("License Key File") for the number of ZOOM Product seat licenses for which End User has purchased or renewed Support. End User shall have thirty (30) days to activate the License Key File from ZOOM delivery of such License Key File to End User, upon which End User's previous license keys shall be deemed expired and End User shall no longer access or use any ZOOM Product using such expired license keys. If End User does not activate the new License Key File within the thirty (30) day period set forth above, ZOOM may, at its option
- terminate Support and Maintenance to End User, without further obligation or liability to End User and without any obligation to refund the Support and Maintenance Fees paid to ZOOM for the applicable Support Term, or
- subject to End User's immediate payment for all applicable fees and charges due and payable to ZOOM for Support provided to End User during the applicable Support Term based on the number of End User's existing license keys, continue providing Support and Maintenance to End User
If End User has purchased Standard Support, ZOOM will make available to End User (Subject to Section 3.9 above) Minor Releases and Major Releases as and when such Minor Releases and Major Releases are made available by ZOOM (“Maintenance”). Any service not specifically included in the Support Package purchased by End User, including, but not limited to, Exclusions or any other professional services will not be provided; however, ZOOM may, in its sole discretion, agree to provide such services at its then-current time and material rates.
End User acknowledges and agrees that Support and Maintenance will not be provided for:
- any ZOOM Product which has been altered or modified by anyone other than by ZOOM;
- any use of the ZOOM Product not in accordance with the license expressly granted to the End User or the ZOOM Documentation (including, without limitation, installation of the ZOOM Product on third party software or hardware not conforming to the operating environment specified in the ZOOM Documentation) or use of the ZOOM Product on a system other than the designated system for which the ZOOM Product was licensed;
- if End User fails to install and implement the most recent Release of the ZOOM Product made available to it by ZOOM; or
- if End User’s system or the ZOOM Product does not conform to the Release level necessary to support the ZOOM Product
(each of clauses (1) through (4) of this Section, an “Exclusion”).
In addition, ZOOM may limit or terminate Support and Maintenance if End User uses the Support and Maintenance in an improper, abusive, or fraudulent manner, as determined by ZOOM in its reasonable discretion. Examples of such use include a high number of calls that concern previously resolved Problems or Incidents, repeated requests for Support for questions to which the answer is readily found in the ZOOM Documentation and any inquiries or requests relating to issues that are not related to Support. In the event an Exclusion prevents ZOOM performance of Support or End User otherwise fails to comply with its obligations under this Policy, or End User breaches the ZOOM License Agreement, ZOOM will be under no obligation to refund the Support and Maintenance Fees paid to ZOOM for the purchased Support Package.
THE ZOOM PRODUCT, ZOOM DOCUMENTATION, AND ANY SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED BY ZOOM HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ZOOM DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ZOOM PRODUCT AND ANY SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS, INCLUDING ANY RECOMMENDATIONS PROVIDED BY ZOOM, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ZOOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF THE ZOOM PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE ZOOM PRODUCT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.